Hi friends! It's makesmyheadspin blogging on behalf of the lovely TVGirl, who handed over the keys to the kingdom so I could post this little entry. A few years back, before I was aware that fanfiction.net existed (shocking, I know!) or the Sookieverse, for that matter, I was a big livejournal whore. The eric_sookie community there hosted a fic exchange for Halloween and I signed myself up for it. It was all kinds of fun to do and I was thinking maybe it was time to give that another shot.
What is a fix exchange you ask? It's very simple. First and foremost, this is NOT a contest. All you have to do if you're interested in participating is drop an email to the gmail account created for this event and let us know what YOU are willing to write, as well as what you want to RECEIVE from another author. We will compile all the information we get and then match people up accordingly. You'll have almost the entire month of October to write and all submissions will need to be returned to us no later than October 28th so that we have time to post them. Does that make sense?
It's a pretty simple process and of course, you can PM/email myself, or my partner in crime for this event MissyDee if you have any further questions.
Eric and Sookie are spending Halloween together. How you want to see them celebrate is entirely up to you.
1. Start your email by leaving your email address so we know where to send your assignment request. Remember to spell it out like this: youremailhere at whatever dot com.
2. Specify if you want your fic to be Bookverse or Showverse.
3. State what rating you would like your fic to be.
4. Give us a general idea of what you want to be your fic to be about. This shouldn't be any longer than a simple sentence. (i.e. Sookie and Eric attend a costume party together, Sookie and Eric go out to Fangtasia for the night, etc.)
5. List 3 specific things you would like to see in your fic. This can vary to just about anything. Some examples would be candy corn, angst, Sookie in a red dress, Pam being sarcastic, etc.
6. After you finish compiling your request, we would also like you to state what type of fic you would be most comfortable writing. Showverse vs. Bookverse, Angst vs. Romance, if you are squeamish about writing sex, etc. We want to make sure everyone is happy with and able to fulfill the request they are given to write as well as receiving their fic as a gift. However, if you're up for writing anything, please state that instead.
September 20-25: Sign-up time.
September 28-30: Assignments go out.
October 1-27: Writing time.
October 28: Deadline to have fics submitted.
October 29-31: Fics are posted to our profile.
1. All fics must be beta-read.
2. All fics must be at least 1000 words in length and complete.
3. All fics must be the original work of the writer. If you use something creatively like a quote or lyrics to a song, make sure it is credited properly in the disclaimer. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
4. Until the fics are posted to our profile and we reveal the master list, you cannot archive your fic elsewhere. We really want everyone to be surprised and this would defeat the purpose of keeping it anonymous.
5. I know this goes without saying, but I'm putting it here just in case. If you're writing or requesting an R or NC-17 fic, you must be 18 years of age or older. No exceptions.
6. To submit your fic when you're ready, you will need to email it READY FOR POSTING to ericandsookieficexchange (at) gmail (dot) com and we will be posting them in our profile in the days leading up to Halloween.
7. Before you sign up or after you get your assignment, you are welcome to private message or email makesmyheadspin or MissyDee to clarify anything further.
3 Specific Things:
What You Can Write
Rating (up to):
What are you comfortable with (genre, squicks, etc):
That's it. I hope this will be an experience that everyone will enjoy and something we might do again while True Blood and the Southern Vampire Mysteries are ongoing. This is NOT a contest, just an exchange and a way to play together since we all play with the same toys. The last thing we have to ask of you is to spread the word to all the Eric/Sookie shippers you know. Remember, the more requests we get, the more fics will be written for everyone to admire.
Happy writing, lovers!