Happy endings. We all love ‘em, but they’ve been done. To death. They’ve become predictable, and sometimes a little cliched. As much as we’d like it to happen, happy endings aren’t always possible. Besides, we all know the only real happy endings happen in fairy tales anyway. So, in the spirit of shaking things up and keeping it real, Scribeninja, SlackerDee and Makesmyheadspin proudly present the Happily (N)ever After Contest.
This contest is open to all pairings, and pretty much any style of story you want to write. All human, Alternate Universe, Canon...whatever floats your boat, so long as your pairing/main character doesn’t get the much sought after HEA.
Maybe you have an inner angsty side and you want to let her out. Maybe you have never tried writing unhappy things, and you want to stretch your writing muscles a bit. This is about changing it up, going against the grain, trying something different, and it could be a lot of fun to discover what you’re capable of.
- Black Friday- November 26th, 2010: Contest formal announcement/launch
- NYE 2010: Submissions will now be accepted by hosts.
- Valentine’s Day 2011: Submission deadline.
No entries will be accepted after this date. No exceptions.
- March 1, 2011: First round of judging will be completed & top entries will be determined for public voting to begin.
- March 15, 2011: Top entry scores will be returned to hosts and public voting will be closed. Winners will be announced.
Winners will be determined by voting, judges’ top scorer and hosts’ fave. We will have a total of 5 winners: the top 2 by public vote, top 2 of the judges’ scores and one hosts’ pick.
Please see the contest profile for official rules and information. And follow the contest on Twitter: @HNA_Contest.